The answers to common questions are set out below. If your query is not addressed here, please contact us.
How many regions can I sign up for?
The basic subscription includes up to three regions of your choice.
How often will I receive my alerts?
When you subscribe, you can choose to receive your alerts either daily or weekly (you can pick the day). Additionally, you can search the database at any time.
What's the minimum length of subscription?
The minimum length of subscription is one month. You can cancel at any stage.
How much does it cost?
Subscription fees explained
How secure is the payment system?
We use Optimal Payments Limited to provide an integrated payment system. Optimal Payments Limited's acquiring capability is through the Bank of Ireland. They have state-of-the-art data encryption technologies that eliminate unauthorised access to your credit card details once you have subscribed to Renovate Alerts powered by pickupaproperty. For more details, please visit their website http://www.optimalpayments.co.uk.
Can I sell my house privately on renovatealerts.com?
Yes! Click here to see how.
I'm having problems using the map on the website.
In order to use the map you need to have Micromedia Flash installed on your computer. It's free, and is available from the following link:
How do I access my account?
I've forgotten my password
Get password reminder
I'm trying to login but my password is not being accepted
Our system is case-sensitive, so please enter it exactly the same as when you signed up. If you are still having difficulty,
How do I change my details (email address, password, search criteria)?
You can change your details at any time by logging in to your account and clicking on "Change my details" on the left-hand side. Remember to press "Save" after you have made your changes.
Change details (you may need to log in)
Can I change my regions?
Yes. You can change your regions up to three times a month free of charge. Simply login and click on "Change my regions" on the left-hand side. Remember to press "Save" after you have made your changes.
Change regions (you may need to log in)
I didn't get an email today. Why not?
There are two main reasons for this:
- If you have never had an email from us, it's possible that our emails are being filtered out as "spam". In order to prevent this, please add the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts book.
- If there are no properties in your area that fit your criteria, you will not receive an email. This might be because (a) you have set restrictive search criteria (usually the price is too low), or (b) because we just haven't found any properties in your chosen area that day. Hang in there and I'm sure we'll find something for you soon enough.
When can I unsubscribe?
You can unsubscribe at any stage. No notice is required. If you are mid-way through a month's subscription, you can choose to receive emails until the end of that month.
Some of the links to the properties don't work.
There are three possible reasons for this:
If you think you have a technical issues please Contact Us
- renovatealerts relies on the data on estate agents' web sites all over the UK. We search this data every day in order to give our subscribers the most up-to-date information available. However, we cannot be responsible for the information on third-party sites, which may be out of date. As we update our data every day, we hope this does not cause you too many problems.
- The fast-moving nature of the property market can mean that bargain properties can be snapped up very quickly. This is why we offer the facility of sending emails out to subscribers on a daily basis.
- It may be a technical issue connected with your browser settings. In which case get in touch with use and we'll see if we can help.
Some of the properties are already under offer.
We do continue to advertise properties that are under offer, as there is still scope for manoeuvre in that the seller may accept a higher offer, or the buyer may drop out. Government (ODPM) figures also state that 1/3 of all sales "subject to contract" fall through before completion, which means it is often worth keeping tabs on properties even if they are stated as being sold.
Some of the properties have already been sold.
We do try and ensure that we maintain the "freshest" properties by continually searching the internet and updating our records, however we are reliant on the websites we search being updated by the agents on a regular basis. They sometimes leave sold properties on their website so you can "see what you could have had". As we have over 15,000 properties on our database (which change at a rate of about 500 per day), we are afraid we cannot check every single one of these on a daily basis - otherwise the service would be a lot more expensive.
If you still cannot find what you want please contact us.
SIGN UP NOW to start receiving alerts.